Monday 14 January 2008

Amazon steals a march...

Well here's a thing. Amazon is offering Testament now - in fact by Tuesday 15th - ie tomorrow - if you order within the next four hours! Since official publication date is the 18th, I must admit to being slightly startled. Does anybody know whether Amazon routinely offer books before official publication, or is this because the original publication date (4th Jan) slipped back a couple of weeks and they've got copies early?

Whilst I'd generally recommend supporting your local bookshop, if you're desperate to read Testament before your mates, Amazon's your friend today!

2 comments:

David Isaak said...

It is very hard to understand what the story is with Amazon under the best of circumstances...

However, it has worked to my benefit this time; I received an e-mail from them today informing me that my copy of Testament had shipped as of the morning of Jan 13.

I can't explain how this burst of speed came about, but I can't explain why it took them three months to get me LC Tyler's book, either. The ways of Amazon are strange...

Alis said...

the ways of Amazon are indeed strange. As of this evening, they are assuring the public at large that there are only 4 copies of Testament left! Do we believe this, people of earth... Not really.
David, you are a star for buying the book, thank you. S and A is next up for me, but first I will need to prise it out of the grip of the Other Half who is enjoying it very much.