Friday 18 July 2008

Testament goes Baltic


Just got an email from the Macmillan Rights Department telling me that Latvian publisher Diena are buying rights in Testament. So far Testament is being translated into German, Spanish and Latvian. Amazing!


I've never been to Latvia, or indeed any of the other Baltic states, though the Ultimate Frisbee Freak went there last year for an international Ultimate tournament. My book (not to mention my offspring) is fast becoming better travelled than I am.

5 comments:

Karen said...

How exciting! I wonder what they'll do with the cover? It'll be a great excuse for you to go to Latvia now, anyway :o)

Alis said...

Yes! Maybe I should organise a private tour for me and the Other Half once all three foreign language versions are out. I speak a bit of German (O-level nearly thirty years ago...) about eight words of Spanish and precisely no words of Latvian but hey, who cares? I can just point to the name on the jacket, point to myself and grin a lot!!

Kat W said...

Fabulous - you are famous in many different languages! I feel there may be a trip to Europe in your future. Well done you. Kat :-)

Alis said...

Thanks, Kat!

David Isaak said...

I'm jealous.

But happy for you anyhow.