Wednesday 23 December 2009

A Very Merry Christmas to One and All!


Before everybody leaves off blogging and reading blogs for the festive season I thought I'd put up a quick post.

I began this blog, as most writers do, as some kind of marketing strategy. Get your name on the web! Form a fan base! Be a visible presence!

I've no idea whether any of those things has happened but the blog has become important to me in a totally different and unexpected way. Writing is a solitary business and I have found it more important than I would have predicted to receive the support and companionship of others on the journey I make through various books. This has been particularly true this year with the disappointement over Not One of Us. The generosity and kindness many of you have shown in comments and emails has really helped keep my writerly spirits up this year.

So, this is just to wish everybody who visits Hawkins Bizarre - whether as follower, commenter or simply as a reader of what goes on here - a very happy, peaceful and joyful Christmas.

I shall be back between now and the New Year with thoughts on the writing year and books I have read in 2009.




4 comments:

Juxtabook said...

Merry Christmas Alis and family. Hope you all have a very happy New Year.

Frances Garrood said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Alis, and a very successful writerly new year!

Alis said...

Thanks, Juxtabook! Thanks Frances!

Akasha Savage. said...

Happy Christmas Alis...to all of you. :) xx