Friday 29 February 2008

Book Fiend's Kingdom

Got an email yesterday from Sophie, the publicist at MNW telling me that ‘A lady who runs a website called The Book Fiend's Kingdom has been in touch about interviewing you for a podcast’. I was intrigued and went to the link provided.

Once I got to the website I was even more intrigued. As you will see if you follow the link, the Book Fiend’s Kingdom has been set up to raise money for Adults with Autism, a charity which exists for the benefit of the group of people its title implies.
So far so good and I thought, well done this lady, she’s done her research and found an author with a background in autism.
But then I read the list of other podcast interviewees (quite an illustrious list, which includes MNW’s own Len Tyler) and thought again. Maybe she had just read Testament and liked it?
Or maybe she’d liked the book and thought ‘oh my goodness – involved with teenagers with autism – two hits for the price of one’?

Whatever the reasoning, I’m delighted even to be considered for an interview which will sit in a list with the likes of Jilly Cooper, Charley Boorman and Alison Weir.

And if it helps raise money for adults with autism, I’m all for it.

Beats shaking tins any day.

No comments: