Wednesday 30 April 2008

Busy.....

Book group tonight, talking about the Costa-winning ‘What Was Lost’ by Catherine O’Flynn.
Stroke of genius to base a book in a shopping centre but the real genius is the way she’s carried it off – her characters are flawless, understated, pin-point accurate – you can just see them. And some you love and some you just want to pour paint over. Why paint? No idea, just came out.

Anyway, I’m in the middle of a good patch in the wip so I’m getting back to it. I just didn’t want you all to think I’d forgotten you.
Work tomorrow (as in going out to earn money) but I’ll try and put up a proper review of What was Lost tomoz evening.
Meanwhile, happy Wednesday evening!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Funny you mentioned paint, as I'm up to my eyes in it at the moment!
'What was Lost' is on my reading list at the moment, so I'll look forward to your review.

Karen said...

...'at the moment' twice in two sentences. Tut.

Alis said...

Hope you like the review in my latest post (the one after this!) I've cunningly included another review in the link to the book's title in the first line...btw how's your fireplace/chimney coming along? Floorboards down yet?

Karen said...

Not only are the floorboards not down, the chimney's still in a state of disprepair. I know what we're going to be doing over the Bank Holiday!